Gas line break causes evacuation

The New Prague City Hall and homes immediately to the north were evacuated Thursday morning due to a natural gas line break. Crews from Chard Tiling and Excavation accidentally cut the line in a parking lot between the Pioneer Saloon and City Hall about 11 a.m. Thursday. The New Prague Fire Department was called to the scene and, with winds coming from the south, evacuated area residents up to a block north of City Hall. A worker for Center Point Energy was at the scene monitoring the air in area buildings as well. Main Street in New Prague is closed one block east and west of Central Avenue. A crew from Center Point Energy is en route to New Prague to shut off and repair the gas line. In the photo, a Center Point worker talks with New Prague firefighter Mike Ruzicka as they look at the evacuated area. City Hall is in the background. 

Suel Printing Company

Copyright © Suel Printing Company
All Rights Reserved
200 Main St E
New Prague, MN 56071

Phone: 952-758-4435
Fax: 952-758-4135

Latest articles

Fri, 06/22/2018 - 2:15pm
Fri, 06/22/2018 - 1:59pm

Please Login for Premium Content