- Public Notices
- Submit News
Girls finish in top at Watertown-Mayer track meet
The TCU girls track and field team had a good meet last night at Watertown-Mayer, finishing 2nd with 149 points behind the host school who scored 201.50. Following TCU was Norwood Young America at 98.50, Nova 56, Columbia Heights at 41, West Lutheran 39, Maranatha Christian Academy with 21, Fair with 19, Minneapolis North Community School with 5, and Minneapolis Patrick Henry with 1 point.
The girls took first place in the following events:
- 4x800-meter relay with a time of 11:15. The team consisted of Sam Ruger, Edith Martinez, Alex Blomgren, and Morgan Skluzacek.
- 100m hurdles, Megan Steffan in 18.22
- 100m dash, Briana Berninghaus in 12.95
- 4x200m relay team of Claire McCrady, Sydney Vargo, Megan Steffen and Megan Rutt with a time of 1:52.40
- 4x100m relay of McCrady, Vargo, Kristi Frederick and Rutt with a time of 54.05.
- 4x400m relay of Vargo, Katy Rabenberg, Frederick and Katie Ellingsworth with a time of 4:29.66
- Girls high jump - Edith Martinez with a jump of 5 feet.
Other highlights came from Ellingsworth again in the 400m dash. She came in 2nd with a time of 1:03. Steffan also came in 2nd in the 300m hurdles in 51.71. Berninghaus came in 2nd in the 200m dash with a time of 26.43. McCrady came in 3rd in the long jump competition with a jump of 15 feet, 2.5 inches.
Next up for the girls is a trip to Winthrop on Thursday, May 9 for a meet, beginning at 4:15 p.m.