No one hurt in Heidelberg house fire

By Patrick Fisher

Fire severely damaged a house in Heidelberg, between New Prague and Montgomery, Sunday evening, but no one was injured in the blaze at the home of Dave Monnens and Rachel Meger along Willie’s Way.

The New Prague and Montgomery fire departments both responded to the call.

Sara Gaul, Rachel’s daughter, was home with her sister, Emily Gaul, and cousin, Joey Meger. Sara was in the living room when she heard a hissing noise. She looked outside and noticed smoke and fire on the house’s deck. Sara told her sister and cousin to get out of the house. In the process they grabbed the family cat and Sara picked up a cordless phone. She called the New Prague Fire Department and then the rest of her family.

We were at a friend’s house in Montgomery. When he heard what was happening we flew over here

Suel Printing Company

Copyright © Suel Printing Company
All Rights Reserved
200 Main St E
New Prague, MN 56071

Phone: 952-758-4435
Fax: 952-758-4135

Latest articles

Tue, 05/22/2018 - 6:18pm
Tue, 05/22/2018 - 3:24pm
Tue, 05/22/2018 - 2:52pm
Tue, 05/22/2018 - 10:20am

Please Login for Premium Content